Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Speedbumps ( or: Halfway through Week 3)

Hmm, snacks may be harder than I realized. Mom Mom brought us a dozen, fresh Hope's cookies yesterday to celebrate the good news. As of 11pm last night, there were none left... Frank didn't eat them all... Mom Mom only had one. However, I was still down .4 pounds when I weighed in this morning (I'm so getting reinforced for bad behavior).

I've been trying this thing where I ask myself: Do I want to eat this more than I want to be fat? The problem isn't my answer, which is always no (unless it's Chick-fil-A -- I mean come on, who can say no to Chick-fil-A?). The problem is that I don't remember to ask myself until I've already taken a bite (or had the last bite). The book recommends putting sweet items that are high in calories out of reach or in hard-to-get places. This often works, but a dozen cookies from Hope's Cookies is tough to store away because they lose their freshness so easily. I think I may need to ban sweets that aren't bought by us again. I did that last time until I built up the strength to not impulsively eat. Stay tuned.

In other news, Frank and I ate Chinese food tonight. I justified this by telling myself that I don't get to "Dinner" until Week 4. I just have to make sure I don't eat the leftovers for lunch (since I'm still maintaining a healthy lunch and breakfast)... looks like Chinese food for dinner again tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin