Saturday, August 1, 2009

Strawberry Muffins

So tonight I continued my cooking quest and made some strawberry muffins which turned out quite nice! I found the recipe on the back of my Stonyfield Farms yogurt foil cover. I had many of the ingredients and strawberries were on sale [since the season is almost over], so I decided to give it a go. The recipe substitutes yogurt for oil and is super easy. Frank gives it the thumbs up.


Strawberry Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt**
1/4 cup butter melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking soda. In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter, and vanilla. Toss strawberries nto flour mixture. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and stir. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

Makes 12.

**When using Stonyfield Farms lowfat plain yogurt:
150 cal, 45 from fat
Tot Fat: 5g
Carbs: 24g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 4g

I used Stonyfield Farms Fat Free French Vanilla yogurt in order to give it more vanilla flavor [plus I can only find this plain in the larger container, which I won't use all of]. This does increase the calories by about 5 per muffin and the carbs by about 2g per muffin. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin