Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 5: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back ... or One Step Forward, Two Steps Back?

Hmmm, so week 5 is Dinner: 1 starch, 1 protein, unlimited veggies. Very straightforward. Aim for about 450 calories. According to the book, if you are a part of the Change One 1600 Club, you can double either the protein or the starch here. I decided that I need to repeat Week 5 due to starting it on a Friday, leaving Sunday for a 3 day mini-vacation, and because I haven't actually re-read the chapter yet. This was so much easier to do the first go-round when I didn't have a baby.

On a positive note, there has been some success! My biggest goal was to come back from the 3 day outing weighing the same. Either the cookies that I feasted on whilest away were superfoods in disguise or the weight hasn't caught up with the Wii balance board yet. Why? I've lost 1.5 pounds since my last "official" weigh-in on Saturday. Either way, I'm down almost 10 pounds since I first started weighing myself on June 11th. Personally, I think the SOB who designed the comments that the Wii Fit Balance Board Cartoon makes should be shot. OR the next version should be interactive. If the darn thing is going to harass me, I should at least be allowed to comment back. Here's how it would go:

Wii Fit Cartoon: Feeling lazy these days? It's been 4 days since your last body test, Baby Mama. For best results, you should check in everyday.
Me: I was away, a**h@!#. What did you do? Oh, that's right, nothing because you sat on my living room floor. And start telling me how awesome I'm doing; I've lost almost 10 pounds in just over 2 months. Lazy?! Plastic POS. I hope they recycle you someday and turn you into a fast food countertop.
Publish Post


I digress. Back to being positive. Due to all the eating out that occurred over the vacation (ironically, week 6 is Dining Out), I took some advice from "Eat This, Not That" and ordered as much as I could grilled or sauce on the side. When the hummus I had added to my salad turned out to be a baseball size serving of hummus, I actually scooped 80% of it off. Difficult because I love hummus but certainly not the correct portion. I didn't order dessert once (the aforementioned cookies were a snack), and I mostly drank water. The other thing that I'm adding to my repetition of Week 5 is exercising more. The Livster and I are walking with Rebekah and Avery in the style of 70 year old power walking retirees at the mall. We get about 3 miles in on a good day. And finally (this one is my favorite), I've determined that the only way my waist is going to shrink back to the adorable size 6 that it once was is to do ab exercises. Since I don't have time to pull out the yoga mat and crunch it up, I'm adding "core moves" to my teeth brushing regiment. What is that, you may ask? Well, this means that while I brush away, I am doing some sort of movement that will tone up either my abs or my backside. Believe it. It's pretty hot. Me, in my glasses and often pjs, shaking what the good Lord gave me. It's like the mommy version of Carmen Electra's workout DVDs. It's part of my Make-Every-Moment-Count mentality (aka: my attempt to lose as much weight before the first day of work and I'm running out of time mentality). The way I see it is even though this accounts for only 2 minutes per day or so, it's more than I was doing before. As time goes on, hopefully I can get more creative (read, as Liv becomes less bulky and cast-free or we finally buck up and get me the gym membership) with how I do this but for now, it is what it is.

Lastly, as I re-do Week 5, I'll be trying out recipes from the Change One book for dinner. I'll pass along the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin